Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camping

I just realized I never published this because I was trying to upload pictures from my camera and my USB cable appears to be broken. I just ordered a card reader but here's the post along with a few photos from my camera.


Our church is blessed with a beautiful lake property about 45 from our home. Two weekends ago we packed up the tent and Lilly and headed out to the lake for a day and camping, swimming and hiking. The water was a bit cold for swimming but we got in anyways, although I didn't last for more than ten minutes.

We had the entire place to ourselves and it is always so incredibly refreshing to be surrounded by God's glorious creation. Sometimes living in city and living our day to day lives, we forget the astounding beauty of the earth that our Creator has given to us. It's a wonderful reflection on the beauty of the Lord and his abounding goodness and love. His creation points us towards Him.
Lat time I visited Yosemite, I remember being simply stunned by how great our God is that he would create such a natural beauty that is beyond words.

"The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the people see his glory."
Psalm 97:6


1 comment: