Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lilly's New Bed

I hope I'm not the only person who dreams up a great project or craft. buys the supplies, borrows the tools and then sits around for a month waiting to start. And I definitely was not too busy...
I'm not sure why I procrastinated delayed starting such a fun and simple sewing project. Lilly was in dire need of a new bed and I've been wanting to improve my sewing skills so I figured this would be a great project to practice on. After all, no one looks to closely at the workmanship of a dog bed, any crocked seams wouldn't be too noticeable.


I browsed the internet and found this simple dog bed. It's the same construction as a pillow sham. My first rookie mistake was thinking I had to sew all the edges of the fabric. In the example, she used an old curtain and since it has finished seems I thought I had to do the same. One night while watching a movie I pinned all the edges which took about thirty minutes and then it took me probably another thirty minutes to sew all around the fabric.


Once I actually read the directions, I had to cut off all the seams I had sewn in order to trim the fabric to fit the pillow! The rest of the project took less than thirty minutes. It came out great and now Lilly has a bed I can proudly display in our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment