Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Meal Plan Monday


My mom came for a visit last week so I didn't menu plan last week as we ate out several times and were rather spontaneous with meals. I just pulled things from the freezer as needed. Marinated chicken is always a great fall back meal when I haven't meal planned or am cooking at the last minute.

Monday
Chicken Parmesan, homemade red sauce and whole wheat spaghetti, vegetable.

Tuesday
Marinated Chicken, homemade bread or english muffins, vegetable, baked sweet potato.

Wednesday
Chicken Tortilla Soup. Great crock pot meal that can cook while I'm gone all day and not be dried out! Some crock pot recipes have too short a cook time which doesn't work if you're gone for nine hours. My crock pot will switch to warm after the program is over but I think it can make meats like chicken and roasts dry.

Thursday
Roasted pork, rice and vegetable. More on how to buy, prep, and freeze pork coming soon.

Friday
Leftover frozen Hoppin Johns served over rice.

Saturday
We're going to a coed baby shower, hope there's food!

Sunday
Chicken peanut stew. I processed a pumpkin last fall and it's taking up room in my freezer I'd like to clear out!
Vegetable and homemade bread.

Visit Organizing Junkie for more meal planning inspiration 

No comments:

Post a Comment