Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Two Dollar Happiness

There's nothing like the look and smell of fresh flowers in your home. Every time I'm at Kroger I make a quick pass through the floral department to see if they have any flowers with bright orange "Manager's Special" stickers screaming at me to buy them.
 I lucked out the other day and got these alstroemeria for 99 cents a bouquet! They didn't have any flower food on them however so I made my own using two tablespoons of sugar, two tablespoons of white vinegar and a quart of water. The sugar feeds the plants and the vinegar wards off bacterial growth.


They didn't last as long as I would have liked because we went out of town for four days and I couldn't change the water and plant food. But they were perfect while they lasted! 


No comments:

Post a Comment