Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hospital Gown

I want to stay at home as long as possible before heading to the hospital while I am in labor. I am planning on waiting until my contractions are about 3-5 minutes apart. The hospital is about a 5 minute drive from our house with a very short walk from the parking lot up to the Labor and Delivery floor. A friend told me she purchased her own hospital gown and wore it with a robe over it to the hospital. This way I can just check in and get back to relaxing instead of having to change clothes while in the midst of very active labor (maybe transition... fingers crossed!) 

Having my own gown will hopefully make the hospital feel a little more like home and less like a sick ward! Hospital gowns are not know for their modesty and I want to be able to walk around the hallway while in labor without feeling exposed. I purchased my gown from Baby Be Mine Maternity. Some of their gowns are quite pricey in my opinion so I bought a discounted gown from the outlet selection. Looking forward to meeting our sweet daughter in a few short months! 


3 comments:

  1. RE: The hospital gown. By the time my 12 hour labor was over, I had gown through about 4-8 gowns alone, and that was not counting the bed sheet changes, when the water broke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no don't tell me that Lauren! I'm not planning on wearing it until we leave for the hospital when my contractions are 3-5 minutes. Hopefully it won't get soaked too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I OTOH didn't have my water break until I was pushing so I wore the same thing to the hospital that I delivered in 12 hours later. Very cute gown. I wanted one but never could find exactly what I wanted so I birthed in a tank top & binsi birth skirt.

    ReplyDelete