One of our favorite cheap dinner dates is buy one get on free on Tuesdays at Wild Wings. Not having to cook dinner on top of freezer cooking made my evening much easier. Here's what I got cooked including the meatballs I made last night. I let the meat and spaghetti sauce cool overnight before placing in freezer bags.
- Two pounds of meatballs.
- Eighteen whole wheat banana chocolate chips muffins. Since I don't buy many snacks these will be gone in a day or two.
- Five pounds of ground beef and turkey. I mixed them together while cooking and will season some of the meat tomorrow for tacos and leave several pounds unseasoned.
- Nine muffin sized portions of sloppy joes. These make great lunches for David.
- Large stockpot of spaghetti sauce. I set some aside without meat for plain marinara sauce.
- One pound of Italian turkey sausage for the spaghetti sauce.
- Four meals of marinated chicken in different marinades.
- Four meals of plain chicken breasts. I tray freeze them and place them in a bag once they are frozen.
I'm tired but making dinner for the next month will now be much simpler.