Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Over The Threshold

Our eighty year old house had an eighty year old front door threshold until my handy husband replaced it recently. The project was fairly simple and cost less than $20,  I can't believe we let the threshold look so bad for over a year! The original wood was rotted and had peeling gray paint on it and the metal threshold itself was a beautiful copper piece that had seen better days. I wanted to keep the copper threshold looking like copper but it had old paint caked on it as well as many dings that just wouldn't come out.
We cleaned the copper with ketchup (this works amazingly well!) and spray painted it with an anodized bronze paint. The new wood got a few coats and stain and we soon had a new entryway. Now, time to paint the porch and front door!


No comments:

Post a Comment