Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Homemade Shower Spray

I can't stand the chemically smell of household cleaners so I have taken to making most of my own. I still buy toilet bowl cleaner, it seems to be the only thing to get rid of the toilet ring and keep the bowl clean all week.  I recently made two bottles of shower daily spray shower for each of our bathrooms. Tip: DO NOT buy spray bottles from the Dollar Store. They are totally junk and don't work. Walmart carries much  better  bottles for the same cheap price of one dollar. 
So far, this seems to be working great and I don't see the normal pink buildup around the shower head anymore. 
Recipe from Frugal Upstate. She has two other versions on her website. 
Fabric Softener Daily Shower Cleaner
1C Vinegar 
2TBS Dish Detergent 
2TBS Liquid Fabric Softener
3 1/2 C Water
Mix and spray daily

Some sources suggested that since vinegar is acidic it can eat into your tub’s caulk, while others say they’ve used it for years with no issues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment