Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This Week's Menu

Here's my tentative dinner menu plan for this week. I say tentative because something always seems to come up or I forget to start a crockpot meal and I suddenly realized it's 3pm. For instance, today's meal was supposed to be Buffalo Chicken Salad and I made Egg Roll in a Bowl instead. I will link up to recipes from online and I plan to slowly create a recipe page here on my blog.

Monday- Buffalo Chicken Salad  Egg Roll in a Bowl - this was pretty good. I think David liked it better than I did and the kids didn't eat much of it. Next time I will serve it with fried brown rice. It certainly is a frugal and healthy meal. I only used half a pound of ground turkey in it.

Tuesday -I prepped these while making last nights dinner. Veggie and ground turkey stuffed red pepper with cheese. Red bell pepper loaded with saut├ęd shredded carrots, spinach and kale blend and red cabbage. Green salsa from Trader Joe's and half a pound of ground turkey sprinkled with cheese on top. I added white beans to a few of the peppers for the kids and David and a lower carb version sans beans for me.

Wednesday- Buffalo Chicken Salad. I eat the buffalo chicken out of the crockpot and burn my mouth because I am obsessed with spicy Buffalo Chicken flavors. It's not David's favorite but I made it up to him with steaks last week.

Thursday- Company over- Maple Pork Tenderloin on the grill from Danielle Walker's newest cookbook- Against All Grain Meals Made Simple Pork loin marinaded with maple syrup, olive oil, garlic and dijon mustard.

Friday- Bean and ground beef chili. I cheat and use canned beans. David loves the "chili magic" starter beans so that's what I buy.

Saturday-  Easy Peasy Grilled Chicken. I have started making this once a week. I am a picky eater and generally don't like eating a recipe more than once or twice a month but this one is a winner and the kids like it (with ketchup of course). Chicken thighs marinaded in soy sauce, honey and splash of olive oil. Sides- steamed veggies and sweet potatoes. If I have time/energy I like to make a little sauce in the Magic Bullet of mayo, soy sauce, honey and Sriracha sauce. The soy sauce makes the mayo clumpy if you try to simply mix it in a bowl instead of blending it.

Sunday- Company over- Hamburgers and sweet potato fries. I splurged since we are having a family from church over for dinner and bought the frozen pre-made sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment