Recipes courtesy of Heather at Home To Heather Blog
These are delicious and super easy to make. I've gained a few pounds after weaning Daniel and have been back on a relatively strict low carb diet but these were my one bit of carbs and sugar this entire week. They also only have coconut flour instead of almond flour which is significantly cheaper.
Paleo Brownie Cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl stir coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together with a fork, breaking up any lumps.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana, add the eggs, honey and vanilla and stir well with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet prepared with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-15 min until bottoms of cookies have slightly browned.
*UpdateI have calculated the nutritional information for the recipe using Spark People. Take this with a grain of salt but here's the lowdown. Definitely still a treat if you're watching carbs.