Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Jan's Spicy Chicken

Here's a simple, freezer friendly recipe my Aunt Jan sent to me that we have enjoyed several times now.

Sriracha Chicken

Ingredients

  • 8 boneless chicken thighs - about a 1.25 pounds
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 2 T Sriracha sauce (adjust or leave out for kids)
  • 2 T lime juice 
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp cumin (could use more if you like cumin flavor)
  •  3 T honey (I have reduced this for our low carb diet, the original recipe calls for 1/3 cup brown sugar)
Directions 
  1. Mix together last five ingredients and toss chicken in marinade.
  2. Wrap with bacon, you can secure with toothpicks but it's not really necessary 
  3. Allow to marinade if you're well prepared and thinking ahead. If not, through them in the oven now! 
  4. Bake 350 for 25-35 until chicken is 165 degrees and then broil 5-6 minutes to crips bacon. 
*Alternatively, this is great grilled for about 6 minutes per side, medium heat. Keep an eye on the fire because the fatty thighs tend to flare up the grill fire. I speak from experience. 

* This can be prepared and placed in a 9x13 or similarly sized pan and frozen for an easy meal. Allow 24 hours to defrost in fridge. We had this a few weeks ago when I was knocked out sick and I was so thankful to have a meal ready to go. 

*I will sometimes toss a few pieces meat in the marinade without the Sriracha for the kids to eat, then add the Sriracha after I have prepared a few pieces of meat for them. Or just bake them plain chicken, they always want ketchup anyways! 


No comments:

Post a Comment