Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Camping Trip in Colorado

Last weekend we headed out west to Lake George, Colorado to camp with some friends from our Sunday School class at 11 Mile Canyon. After setting up our tent we enjoyed chicken cooked over a campfire and fellowship with our new friends. Laura had a hard time settling down but finally fell asleep only to wake up again hysterical and overtired at 10 pm when we headed to bed. Nothing would settle her down so David drove her around for 30 minutes (!) until she was sound asleep. We've never done that but it sure works in a pinch.




Saturday, Laura and I relaxed at the campsite while David hiked to the top of the canyon. David also did some rock climbing with another guy in our group. We ended the day with another hike with Laura in the Ergo before closing up camp before the rain headed in. Laura enjoyed herself and was able to crawl around on a tarp and play with her toys.

On Thursday we went rock climbing for the first time outdoors and I loved it! I will confess I did not look down the entire time I was climbing and wasn't too keen about repelling down after I reached the top. We are going again this week and I can't wait. We climb with the other residents from David's dental program and they take turns holding Laura. Who says you can't have adventures with kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment