Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

At last!

We finally have a brand new laptop that doesn't require being cooled by a small desktop fan while perched precariously atop a desk organizer to ensure airflow so I will slowly start writing up our summer adventures, the move and our upcoming time in Colorado.

We left Austin for Colorado on July 25 with a very tightly packed Mazda 3, a dog, two adults and our darling daughter. Day one of the drive couldn't have gone better, Laura was practically on her normal routine of awake for two hours with one to two hours of naps in between feeds. We stopped in White City, New Mexico that evening right outside the entrance to Carlsbad National Park.

I had trouble finding a hotel near a hot tourist spot in the middle of the summer that took dogs but we were able to find a place in White City which is closer to the park than the city of Carlsbad. I was so stressed about the trip I even called the night before to double check our reservation. For reasons beyond my comprehension, the desk clerk thought I was CANCELING our reservation because when we arrived the next night he couldn't find our reservation and later found my cancelation number.

Thankfully they had room for us, I didn't even want to ask if they took pets since they had told me yes on the phone originally but this place clearly didn't have everything squared away. We had a huge room that Laura and Lilly were happy to run (crawl) around in and a fun pool with two water slides, a pirate ship splash area and kids' pools. We were in the middle of the desert with nothing but blue sky and a few small buildings. The town felt like it was straight out of a western.




No comments:

Post a Comment