Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meet your Butcher

I used to regularly buy pork loin on sale for $1.99 before I was pregnant and cut the meat into portions. While pregnant many foods, especially meats made me gag and pork was a no go. I've eaten pork several times since Laura was born and love it once again. It's frugal, lean and simple to cook.

Pork loin (not tenderloin) is on sale this week at Kroger for $1.99, a great price for boneless meat. I used to spend 20 minutes or more at home butchering the meat into chops myself, which I find repulsive but know it saves about 50% off the price of boneless pork chops. However, I had recently learned that the butcher in the meat department will cut up any cut of meat for you! Who knew?

So today I asked my kind butcher (he's marked meat down for me before too) to cut a 6 pound hunk of pork loin into chops for me. Not only did he do this but he packaged them two to a package. All I had to do when I got home was stick them in a freezer bag. Lesson learned, it never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment