Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Addition


Psalm 127 
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
   the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
   are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
   who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
   when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


David and I are excited to announce that we are expecting a baby in mid November! The Lord is so good in answering our prayers to become parents. 


I told David way back on March 6. He had been gone for the weekend so I waited on pins and needles for him to get home. Ironically, I had ordered cheap pregnancy tests online several days earlier for use down the road but they hadn't yet arrived. I had one early pregnancy test left at home which tested positive. I didn't want to get too excited after just one test so I went to the dollar store to buy more. They came back negative. I later realized they weren't for early detection so my HCG levels where too low for the tests. I then went out again and bought some expensive early pregnancy tests from Rite Aid and took two more.  (I took several more later on in the week mostly out of excitement!)


By that point I was sure I was pregnant but wanted to tell David in person when he got home on Sunday. I went to Target and bought this adorable onesie, and placed it along with a pregnancy test in a gift box.
I told him I had a present for him when he got back the next day. He opened the box, glanced at the onesie and then opened the smaller box containing the pregnancy test. It took him a few seconds to realize what was going on. "You're pregnant? Really?" Were his first words. He wrapped me up in a big hug while I sobbed like a crazy pregnant lady all over his shirt.
 
We are humbled, excited and nervous about the blessing of a child and cannot to wait meet him or her in November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment