Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Good Reads


I made a New Years Resolution to read one book a month (My real goal is two books but if I only get one read then I don't feel too badly). It's been going great so far and here's what I've been reading. I can't remember my second book for March and I'm pretty sure I read two.  I'm almost done with Pride and Prejudice so I'm counting it for April. Any suggestions for future reading?

I'm not a person who buys books and doesn't read them, but I do have books from college, books of David's and others on our bookshelf that I haven't read and I believe it's a crime to own a book and not read it. I'll get them all read eventually!

January
The Magicians Nephew - CS Lewis
Men in Black - Mark Levin

February
The Last Battle - CS Lewis
Ronald Reagan - Dinesh D'souza

March
The Core - Leigh Bortins
I forgot to write down the second book (maybe I really didn't read two!)

April
Republocrat - Carl Trueman
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

2 comments:

  1. Great resolution! I love to read, but i have to make myself NOT do it during the school year or else it completely consumes and then become good for nothing. Pride and Prejudice is a great book! Do you ever go to the public library? I've got a few books at home you can take a look at if you ever want to. The Anne of Green Gables 8 book series is GREAT! I have all 8 of them if you wish to read them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I often get books at the library. I love buying books but we don't really have the money or the space for my habit right now! Oh Anne of Green Gables, I haven't read those since I was a kid! Might make for some easy summer reading.

    ReplyDelete