Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I know my husband was grateful I finally went to the grocery store yesterday. Even I was staring wide eyed into the fridge in hopes of something yummy to eat jumping out at me. I've probably bought too much chicken lately so we'll be eating our fair share of chicken over the coming few weeks.

Monday
Meatless Monday. Ok so I just made up meatless Monday but I've been wanting to institute a vegetarian night once a week and I like theme menu planning.

Here's my experimental recipe. Black beans and brown Mexican rice in tortillas baked with creamy tomatillo sauce and cheese. As long as it's spicy I think I will like it.

Tuesday
Dinner out at Wild Wings (BOGO on Tuesdays) to celebrate the end of David's junior year of Dental School (I can't believe he will be a senior next week!)

Wednesday - I'm considering making Wednesday soup and bread night since I usually get home late and need an easy Crock-pot meal that's ready when I get home.

Leftover frozen Vegetable and Lentil soup with garlic bread.



Thursday

Chicken and brown rice bake with fresh squash. 

Friday

Camping! Leftover frozen chili, fruit and s'mores for dessert. It's not camping unless you eat s'mores.

Saturday 
Camping! Lunch- sandwiches, fruit and crackers.
Home for dinner- chicken parmesan.

Sunday
Lunch - tuna casserole
Dinner - homemade chicken nuggets, mac 'n cheese (not homemade!) and veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment