Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This Week's Goals

I've been inspired by Crystal at Money Saving Mom to create weekly goals to help keep myself focused, driven and motivated each week. I'll try my best to share them as well as check in on how I did the previous week.

Fitness
  • 5 mile tempo run, 2 mile Fartlek run, 6 mile easy run = 13 miles total
  • Cross train 3 times - yoga, weights, pilates, or bike
  • Lose 1 pound - this pregnancy weight is not coming off from nursing so I've joined Weight Watchers. They give extra points for nursing women to ensure milk production and quality.
Spiritual
  • Quiet time 3 days. I know I should be doing this everyday but baby steps right now.
  • Read through Leviticus 15 on my yearly bible plan
  • Memorize questions 9 and 10 from the Westminster Shorter Catechism
  • Review A/B verses through B10 from the Topical Memory System
Family and Marriage
  • Date with David
  • Read and discuss with David chapter 1 of This Momentary Marriage by John Piper. This is available for free on his website at the link provided above. I printed a copy for David and myself and put it into a binder.
Personal and Hobbies
  • Make blackout curtain for the nursery. The valance/blinds/sheers combination is letting too much light in for Laura's naps. Currently the window is covered by a towel. I'm going to buy a piece of heavy black fabric from the craft store and cover the window behind the blinds where it should block light and not look too terrible since the blinds and sheers will cover it.
  • Blog three times (hey, I'm doing that now!)
  • Make ten scrapbook pages for our Honeymoon album. I have a photobook from our trip but I'm currently working on a scrapbook.
  • Read three chapters of Dare to Discipline
Financial
  • Take out cash for the month. Since I pay all but one of our bills online, the rest of our spending is cash; grocery, date, and miscellaneous.
  • Create and print bills spreadsheet. This way I can check off each bill as it's paid. Most of our bills are on auto pay which makes my life much easier when it comes to money management.

No comments:

Post a Comment