Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Laura meets our next President

 
Photo courtesy of AP photographer Charles Dharapak

Last night David told me Mitt Romney was going to have a rally in Aiken, South Carolina, about 25 minutes from where we live in Georgia. I really wanted to go and take Laura, but it's so hard for her to miss naps and be out for long periods of the day. I decided to risk it and go for it, after all, this man has a very good chance of becoming the next President of the United States and I knew I would regret not going.

Laura slept on the drive to Aiken which helped her mood immensely. Some sweet older ladies took a liking to the two of us (Laura mostly) and helped, ie shoved, Laura and myself to the front when Mitt was making the rounds after his speech. I was so excited I nearly cried afterwards! I wouldn't have gotten a picture if it hadn't been for these ladies, I just too timid to shove my way through a crowd on my own!

Sadly I didn't bring my DSLR, I figured a stroller, baby and diaper bag was enough to lug around so phone pictures will have to do.


 South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley


http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/romney-defends-bain-work-1301612.html

No comments:

Post a Comment