Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meal Plan Monday on Tuesday

I actually did check the sales, get recipes, menu plan and go grocery shopping yesterday but didn't have a chance to type this up on Monday. I'm determined to become a better cook and break out of my boring food rut. I found several new recipes that we are going to try this week.

Monday  Cattle Drive Chili. The recipe calls for 3 tablespoon chili powder but she suggested using only 2. I thought it needed more heat and more tomatoes. We like our chili somewhat spicy with lots of tomatoes. This is rather thick with little broth, I also added more water. I've yet to find a chili recipe that we absolutely love, so if you have a great one, please send it my way! I have a feeling we are going to be eating lots of soup this winter.

Tuesday Potatoes and meatballs, veggies. Meatballs are from the freezer. 


Wednesday Homemade spaghetti sauce from the freezer with whole wheat noodles. 


Thursday Chicken Queso Soup, veggies


Friday Italian turkey sausage, baked potatoes and veggies. 


Saturday Enchilada Rice


Sunday Panera Bread Style Tomato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment