Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nursery Furniture

I have several pieces of furniture that I have gotten for free or very cheaply that I am repurposing and painting for out little girl's nursery. I acquired an old TV cabinet at a garage sale that I am converting into an armoire. It doesn't have any drawers, just shelves, so I am going to buy some baskets to hold the clothes and add a bar for hanging clothes at the top. I bought this cute little shelf at a consignment sale back in March and painted it white. Please excuse the cell phone pictures, I was too lazy to pull out my digital SLR today. 
My dad built this dollhouse for me and I am going to use it as a bookcase until she is old enough for dolls. The old blue trim is going to be painted green to match the bedding. 
Lastly, I bought this night stand at Salvation Army for $18. It has a laminate top that we have sanded primed over. I was a bit worried the primer wouldn't stick but David sanded the laminate down well enough for the primer to adhere. It's going to be all white when we are finished. All the pieces except the armoire have been primed and are ready for white paint! Can't wait to finish her room.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment