Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wonderful couponing trip


So sad, I started this post on Sunday and I'm just now getting around to finishing it.
I haven't gone hard core couponing in quite a while. It tends to stress me out a bit and so I haven't hit up CVS for a good deal since last month. Here's what I got on Sunday at three different stores.

CVS-
Transaction #1
  • Renu contact solution $7.89
  • -$2 coupon. = $6.44 after tax. Got $6 back
Transaction #2
  • 3 cans shaving cream 2.19 each + 8 pack disposable razors $14.79
  • - 6.25 manufacture coupons  - $0.50 ECB - $6.00 ECB from Renu = 10.07 after tax got $10 back
CVS total

  • Spent $16.91, Value $29.43, + $10 ECB
Next a made a mad dash to Toys R Us. Southern Savers had just listed a great deal on diapers and I knew they would be gone by day's end. I lucked out and got 66 count Babies R Us diapers for just $5 a pack. I'm using cloth for our baby girl, but I was told the Best Bottom cloth diapers I registered for are a bit large on a newborn so I wanted to stock up on newborn and size one diapers. Plus diapers on sale make a great baby shower gift so I bought two pack of size two as well.

Toys R Us total
  • 4 packages of Babies R Us diapers, normally $12 on sale for $5 each (7 cents a diaper)
  • 2 packages of Huggies Natural diaper $5 each minus $4.50 in coupons + $5 gift card for buying two packs of Huggies. After the gift card (which I have to use later) the diapers were only a quarter a package! 
  • Used a $10 gift card I already had which brought my total to 18.30, Value $72 + $5 gift card
Lastly I stopped at Walgreens to get wipes.
Huggies wipes on sale for $2.49x2 - $3.50 in coupons = $1.48 plus tax

Total spent $37.21, total value $108 and I got $15 in gift cards and extra bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment