Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Gender Party

I had an ultrasound on June 24 to check on baby's growth and find out if our little bundle of joy will be a boy or girl. 
We kept the gender a secret for a week and planned a party to tell out families. This was my first attempt at decorating a cake. I bought a box cake mix, dyed the batter pink and made the icing from scratch using Wilton's buttercream recipe. 
To create perfectly smooth buttercream, first ice a crumb layer and allow to harden. I placed my cake uncovered in the fridge until it was firm. Then I added a second thick layer of icing and allowed to cool and harden. Once it was firm, I placed a Viva brand paper towel over the cake and rubbed over the towel until the icing was smooth. Check out Cake Central  for more detailed instructions. 


Pink and blue supplies from the Dollar Store
I asked people to vote for whether they thought the baby was a boy or girl and any names suggestions. I will add these pages to baby's scrapbook. 

It looks like I was surprised but I was excited to show off the pink cake!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! And, I have lots of clothes for you. :)

    ReplyDelete