Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Laura's Birthday

Laura's birthday was well over a month ago, and I am just now writing a post about it. Surprise, surprise. We've been somewhat busy but honestly, sitting down to blog when Laura is asleep isn't at the top of my to do list or how to waste time online when I really should be working on my to do list.

We have been very blessed and made several sweet friends since we have moved here to Colorado. David's coworkers all came to Laura's party as they had the day off for Veterans Day weekend and several friends from church came as well. My wonderful Mom, who just can't get enough of her first grand baby, flew in from Texas to celebrate as well.

                                      


 I had fun planning Laura's party and it's a good thing I had a budget because boy is it sure easy to go overboard on a kid's party. I tried to keep things simple and planned a light lunch of fruit salad, veggies, and chicken salad sandwiches served on croissants from Costco. If you ever need (or just want to stuff your face with) croissants, Costco is the place to buy them. They are only 50 cents each as opposed to the over a $1 each ones from Kroger and melt in your mouth, make you forget your wheat free diet delicious! I snuck one the day before the party just to do a quality check.


I thought about making a cake myself but since I was making lunch as well I didn't want to add one more thing to my cooking list and ordered a small cake and a smash cupcake from Kroger. Kroger likes to have regional names for their stores and the stores here are called "King Sooper" but I think that "tis a silly name" and we just call it Kroger.

We had about 20 guests including kids and Laura did seemed a bit overwhelmed by all the noise, people and attention. When it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" I was waiting for her to burst into tears! She looked so confused and scared. She wasn't too sure about the cake at first but after a few bites she enjoyed licking off the icing and the yummy sugar of course.

Laura received many sweet and thoughtful presents but her favorite so far seems to be a box of books from my friend Heather. She carries the little box around the house, asking me to open the box and then  proceeds to take each tiny book out, one by one and place them back in again. It is so fun to watch her personality emerge with each passing week.

Chewing on her new book


 Baby friends from church
   
Laura's friend Eli 
Winter hat from David's coworker

Bitty Baby from Mom and Dad 

Smash cake

Not too sure about this 

I'll try it I guess 

Hmm, this is quite yummy! 

Grandma feeding Laura some ice cream 


No comments:

Post a Comment