Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Learning to serve the Lord and my family one day at a time.

Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Daniel Tiger Themed Party

We celebrated Daniel's second birthday yesterday with a Daniel Tiger party! My parents were so sweet and flew in from Austin to help celebrate. I just realized I didn't get a picture of them with the birthday boy but I will have to get one on Daniel's actual birthday in a few days. I kept the food simple and put way too much effort on the decorations and the cake. Thanks Chere for all the cake guidance and recipes. I will post a rewritten recipe of her chocolate cake soon.  I often cheat on birthday cakes and either order cupcakes from the grocery store or do a box cake but I decided to go for a fancier style this time and made from scratch cake. It was (mostly) fun and a learning experience. 

Daniel Tiger Trolley directions from PBS Kids

Simple Bunting that will go in the playroom 
Note the totally crooked cake! 

Daniel Tiger Five Layer Cake. Figurines from Amazon

Laura's Daniel Tiger doll from her 3rd Birthday 



Handsome little 2 year old! 

The heat of the kitchen started melting my icing right before the party 

Grandpa holding Buddy during "Happy Birthday"

Playing with his new favorite trucks for the Castleberrys. He didn't want to open anything else. 

Sissy "helping" open gifts 

Silly Kids 



Daniel Tiger printable from Child at Heart Blog edited on PicMonkey

Playing with new car garage from the Grandparents

How could I not put this on the bathroom door?




No comments:

Post a Comment